Why Should You Get Involved?
- Obtain Valuable Experience
- Enhance Your Communication, Organizational, Management, Fiscal, Planning, and Analytical Skills
- Build Your Resume
- Work with a Team with Fellow Students
- Interact with Administration
- Have Fun
CGS students have found that involvement in student government has been an excellent experience for them and provides them with the opportunity to demonstrate appealing qualities in an employment candidacy. We are currently looking for Full-time and Part-time College of General Studies students interested in the following areas:
- Budget and Finance: Reviews budget proposals, interim budget requests and budget modifications, and makes financial recommendations to the Council accordingly.
- First Degree: The "The First Degree" is the official information line for the CGS student. It highlights upcoming events and activities, important dates and services that directly pertain to the CGS student. If you would like to become part of the "First Degree" staff, please contact us at email@example.com
- Judicial Affairs Division: This division consists of a director and an election supervisor who oversees Student Government Council elections, interviews and recommends Senate Committee representatives, and interprets the Student Government's Constitution and Bylaws
- Marketing and Advertising: Publicizes CGS Student Government activities, events and services, and markets CGS Student Government and its divisions and student organizations to the CGS student body.
- Student Programs: Members of this division plan and coordinate CGS Student Government events and activities for the students.
University Committee Representatives: Students are appointed by CGS Student Gov't council to represent the CGS student's interests on the various University of Pittsburgh Senate Committees. Examples of committees include: Athletics, Computer Usage, Educational Policies, Library, Bylaws and Procedures, and University Press. Students interested should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional instructions on how to be appointed by council.